Sunday, June 6, 2010

A PitiCure gives your underarms the spa treatment with Dove Ultimate

This weekend, I was mistaken for a Dove model.



And I didn't even have to strip down to my skivvies.



Yes, that's me, bad hair and all, at Kaffee's Garden Spa in West Palm Beach, courtesy of Dove. (Does anyone else think that when you are relaxed, then your hair tends to relax as well? Anyone?) Not only did Dove treat me and my peeps to pedicures, but we got fabulous PitiCures as well -- Pit as in armpit. Underarms don't get near enough attention, but they are part of our skin, after all, so they should.

Dove has developed the PitiCure to help women take care of the skin under their arms -- and you don't even have to go to a spa for it. You can give yourself the PitiCure spa treatment at home -- check out the video below!

So apparently, shaving reduces the top layer of skin by 20% and leads to irritation and dryness? (This is the part where I handily don't detail the time in high school when I shaved before a dance and had ugly red spots under my arms that were visible when I boogeyed in my sleeveless dress.) Also, as a result of shaving, underarm skin loses 50% more water, which can cause dryness and inflammation. (See above high school dance reference.)

Dove Deodorant partnered with Beverly Hills dermatologist Dr. Debra Luftman (co-author of The Beauty Prescription) when to it comes to the science of taking care of underarm skin. First, identify your underarm skin type with this quiz to find out which Dove Ultimate Beauty Care Antiperspirant/Deodorant fits you. (I'm a sensitive gal -- no surprise.)

Then, check out this video to see how to do an at-home PitiCure.



I love it!

Dove Ultimate Beauty Care antiperspirant/deodorant has three different kinds of moisturizers for the special challenges of underarm skin:
  1. a humectant (works like a magnet to hold in moisture under the skin’s surface, keeping delicate underarm skin conditioned)

  2. an occlusive layer (forms a layer on the surface of the skin to prevent moisture loss, which can cause dryness)

  3. and a nourishing moisturizer (contains natural sunflower oil, which is known for boosting the skin's natural moisture barrier to soothe shaving irritation and help deliver soft, smooth underarm skin)
I got to try the Dove Ultimate Sheer Silk and thought it felt nice on my skin, smelled light and fresh -- and it kept odor away. For a product that costs around four or five dollars, it delivers a lot.

My friends and I were so impressed with our PitiCures. Let me tell you, we floated out of Kaffee's spa. The ladies at Kaffee's treated us so nicely that we thought we were queens for a day (or at least a couple hours). Especially after one of the Kaffee's ladies asked if we were Dove models.


Kaffee's Garden Spa

My friends and I were pretty much speechless.

But I think my gal pals are so beautiful that they really could be models:


Yanet of 3 Sun Kissed Boys totally blissed out







Don't you think so?

Dove provided me and six friends with PitiCures and pedicures at Kaffee's Garden Spa and also Dove Ultimate Beauty Care Antiperspirant/Deodorant.